Ingredients: Where we get them and their functions
Water, Mineral Oil, Glycerin, Glyceryl Monostearate, Polowax, Silicone Oil, Euxyl, Fragrance*, FD&C No.1 Blue*, Aqua Ammonia, Carbopol, Salicylic Acid.
Ingredients list: how they work and what they do.
- deionized, sterile processed water,
- a primary ingredient in the formation of a cream that is fast penetrating and soothing.
- provides a barrier of moisture on the skin and promotes wound healing,
- increases the water content of the top layers of the skin,
- forms an occlusive that slows the loss of water from the skin by forming a barrier on the skin's surface,
- is a clear liquid that is used in a wide variety of cosmetics and personal care products,
- rarely causes allergic reactions.
Glycerin is a colorless and odorless liquid that comes from plant sources and is a humectant, which means it has the property of attracting water to itself.
- is an emollient
- Also known as glycerol
- helps skin cells mature properly; healthy, maturing cells are vital to conditions such as non-melanoma skin cancer and psoriasis,
- promotes natural healing and sloughing of damaged cells.
- speeds up the healing process, lessens bruising, and encourages tissues and cells self repair,
- improves skin texture and provides visibly healthier resilient skin,
- is a humectant, meaning it attracts moisture to your skin,
- softens and moisturizes the skin and decreases itching and flaking.
- additional emollients (moisturizers): lanolin, mineral oil and silicone oil,
Acts as a lubricant on the skin's surface, which gives the skin a soft and smooth appearance. ... The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) includes Glyceryl Stearate (also called glyceryl monostearate) in its list of direct food additives affirmed as Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS ).
- is a fatty acid derived from vegetable oil, Soy Oil, or Palm Kernel Oil; however, it is also naturally occurring in the human body.
- acts as a lubricant on the skin's surface, which gives the skin a soft and smooth appearance
- is an emulsifier, and preservative,
- is a surfactant used to keep emulsion stable and well dispersed,
- occurs naturally in the body as a by-product of the breakdown of fats, and is also found in fatty foods,
- is deemed safe for human consumption,
- is a complete vegetable-derived emulsifying wax used to create oil-in-water emulsions.
- is a preparation of higher fatty alcohols that produce thick emulsions without the addition of stiffening waxes. acts like a "glue" to bind oil and water emulsions,
- helps blend fats with water,
- is a vegetable based, non-ionic, and compatible with most cosmetic ingredients.
Silicone (occur in nature as silicates in sand) are polymers with unique properties and have numerous benefits in all aspects of personal care. They are superb emollients providing great slip and can feel like silk on the skin. Silicone also act as skin protectant, conditioner, pearlizer, film-former, moisturizer, thickener, and emulsifier. As silicone(s) are very mild, they are often used to reduce irritation of harsh surfactants. Claims that silicone(s) in any form cause or worsen acne have not been substantiated in published research.
- acts as a barrier and imparts smoothness and water resistance,
- works to lower the transmission of water from injured skin,
- forms a boundary between to non-miscible materials,
- imparts a non greasy feel and luxurious sensation of smoothness and silkiness.
Lanolin NF refined and deodorized from natural sources
- relieves dryness, discomfort, roughness and itchiness,
- plays a crucial role in the skin’s moisture control,
- to protect the skin against the ravages of environmental factors,
- provides exceptional emulsifying and emollient (softening or smoothing) properties,
- resembles the intercellular lipids of the stratum-corneum, the outermost layer of the skin,
- Preservative for cosmetics
- liquid cosmetic preservative based on phenoxyethanol and ethylhexylglycerin
*Fragrance (only used in Cream with Body, Hands, Feet label)
- made predominantly with natural extracts and a small amount of synthetic aromatic for stability,
- has proven to be non allergenic,
- is a proprietary ingredient and is not available in any other products. The fragrance is owned by NovaGenesis, Inc.
*FD&C 1 Blue (only used in Cream with Body, Hands, Feet label)
- FDA listed colorant material that exhibits no allergenic properties.
- used to balance the pH,
- balances the acidity to that of skin. pH range of 5.5 to 7.0
Carbopol is a water soluble polymer, used as an emulsifying, stabilizing, suspending, thickening and gelling agent.
- provides a light, non-greasy feel while aiding in establishing a protective barrier,
- prolongs the effectiveness of the cream while providing a rich and luxurious feel.
- helps stop itching and burning
- chemically similar to but not identical to the active component of aspirin,
- is a beta hydroxy acid, is used to combat inflammation
- derived from willow bark,
- is soothing to the skin and is an anti-irritant,
- is used for its antiseptic properties, as well as a preservative.